Wednesday, November 28, 2012

John Lithgow Prepped Son For Off-broadway Debut



John Lithgow Prepped Son For Off-broadway Debut
Tony Award winner John Lithgow's son is following in his father's footsteps after signing up to star in a new Off-Broadway play.
Ian Lithgow leads the cast of new family drama The Outgoing Tide at New York City's 59E59 Theater and the Harvard University graduate reveals his dad helped him prepare for the part.
He tells the New York Post, "Back aways my father did theatre all the time, and for me it was playtime. I soaked it all in and hung out backstage with the crew, playing cards and (word board game) Scrabble.
"My father and I ran lines together. I held the book for him."
But it's unlikely his proud father will get a chance to catch his son in action - he is currently onstage in London in a production of Sir Arthur Wing Pinero's The Magistrate, which runs until January (13).
Ian adds, "Unfortunately, he's in England so he hasn't seen the play."

No comments:

Post a Comment