Friday, November 30, 2012

Danny O'Donoghue understands why rock stars do drugs


Danny O'Donoghue understands why rock stars do drugs

The Script's Danny O'Donoghue says touring the world can be gruelling, and he can he understand why some rock stars turn to alcohol and drugs.
Danny O'Donoghue understands why rock stars turn to alcohol and drugs on tour.
The Script frontman - who is currently touring the US with the band - thinks life on the road can be boring and empathises with rockers who rely on booze and drugs to get through their arduous schedules.
He told the fastmazaa.blogspot.com : ''Being on the road can drive you mad. A lot of people have likened it to being in jail. I think that's why a lot of rock stars take to drink and drugs - to take their minds off the craziness.''
Although the 32-year-old singer doesn't mind partying a little himself, he warns moderation is key and is careful not to fall into the pitfalls of other stars.
He said: ''It's a hard balance to strike because you need to be in the best physical shape you can.''
Danny also credits bandmate Mark Sheehan - who completes the band with Glen Joseph Power- with helping to keep him in check.
He added: ''I vowed I'd never leave my mother, but then puberty hit and I met [Mark]. My mum would say, 'You look after him' and he's kept me in line over the years.''

No comments:

Post a Comment