Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Beads N Botanicals Takes Urbana by Storm!

Okay, maybe that headline is a little bit of an exaggeration ;*)

Just been sooo busy that I forgot to post our new address and contact information here at the blog. Silly me.

Beads N Botanicals
117 N Broadway Ave
Urbana, IL 61801
217-365-9355

Business Hours:
Tuesdays: 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wed-Fridays: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturdays: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
And by appointment

Got the best phone call this morning from a customer in North Carolina. Lisa called me up all excited about the sample of Black Amber Musk I had sent her. (She'd ordered African Musk from my webstore).

Originally from Long Island, N.Y., Lisa'd been living in North Carolina for about nine years. She'd found that finding the scents she loved so much was much harder down there than up in New York. So she'd googled "African Musk" and decided to try mine, scent unsmelled. And was delighted when she received her order the other day.

Then...she smelled the Black Amber Musk....."It's killing me," she said. "Killing" in this instance being a good thing! LOL She was also delighted to find out I had a "killer China Rain" and wonderful patchouli oil.

Asking if I made this into an incense....I told her, "not yet, because it's new, but sure can." So, she ordered oils and incense...and then found out I can also add scent to unscented body wash, hand creme and shampoo, as well as make glycerin bar soaps.....So, that's on her list for the next order.

Lisa's enthusiasm was just what I needed this morning. She reminded me of what I've always said about my business...we're boutique, NOT Walmart. You can get almost anything you want here ("'cepting Alice"....for Arlo Guthrie fans who get the reference from "Alice's Restaurant.")

No comments:

Post a Comment