Beads N Botanicals is excited to participate in this year's 6th Annual ArtHooHa.
In addition to all of our own wonderful handmade jewelry, candles, soaps, incense and oils, we are proud to feature an exhibit of photographs by local photographer, Tara Allen.
Her images include black & white and color photographs of nature, motorcycles and more. This image is her Black & White Rain Bell.
Not only will you be able to view this talented photographer's works, you can also purchase them.
We also welcome the artistry of Marlitta who works with beads, feathers, wood and antlers to create unique smudge feathers, smudge fans, feather ties, dream catchers and other nature-inspired craftwork.
The Art HooHa was created as an opportunity for people in the community to buy locally made artwork to give (or keep!) during the holidays. Come check out the studios, the artwork, and meet the artists in a relaxed atmosphere, have a cookie, browse, shop, move on to the next spot. It's easy!Art HooHa 2008 will feature art and fine crafts for show and sale by local artists who have joined to schedule open studios, home shows, and special gallery hours on the same weekend. Like last year,each artist is contributing to a fund that will go to Arts Education in Champaign-Urbana. (Each location will have a donation jar available for anyone who like to chip in as well.) The money will be donated to Champaign-Urbana Schools Foundation to be used toward an arts-related grant.
Art HooHa is an unofficial celebration of our creative community and an opportunity to support artists while you find unique gifts for your holiday list (or for yourself). We hope you enjoy our little event and its relaxed atmosphere where you can check out both the goods and the studios, nibble on some cheese, shop for presents and have fun. Bring your friends.
8 locations in Urbana
Friday Night, December 5th (6:00 - 9:00)
Hooey Batiks Open House
905 S Lynn Street, Urbana
• Jill Miller / Hooey Batiks - Batiked clothing, pillows, scarves
• Deborah Fell - Art quilts, hand-dyed clothing, fiber items, silk scarves and mini art pieces
• Georgia Morgan - Polymer clay jewelry
• Wild Wimmin Craft Collective - desktop and pocket shrines, assemblage art, non-traditional wreaths, jewelry and other beaded/bejeweled baubles & whimsies
Firefly Jewels Open House
712 S Maple Street, Urbana
• Athan Chilton/Firefly Jewels - Glass beads, jewelry, leatherwork
• Julie Watkins/Garnets and Glass - Beaded jewelry
• Melinda Willis - Hand carved ceramic beads, small vessels
2108 S Vine Street, Urbana
• Rosalind Faiman Weinberg - Painting, Drawing, Printmaking Glasslake Studio
2908 E Main St reet, Urbana
• Barrie Bredemeier - Hand blown glass
(Glasslake Studio web site)
Griggs Street Potters
(Gallery and Studio)
305 West Griggs Street, Urbana
• Charlene Anchor
• Betsey Cronan
• Reni Franciscono
Open Friday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Open Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
117 North Broadway Ave
•Tara Allen's photography
• Handmade jewelry, perfume oil blends, candles, soaps, beading supplies, incense and more.
• Classes and Workshops available http://wiseweeds.blogspot.com
1104 E Washington Street, Urbana
(217) 344-2323 (BEAD)
• Classes and Workshops available
(see Butterly Beads on Etsy)
112 West Main Street, Urbana
• Featuring art and fine crafts from the Celtic lands, traditional Indian and Latin American folk art from Kalarte Gallery and the work of over 35 local artists.
(Heartland Gallery web site)